Health Economics and Reporting Analyst
The Federal Public Service Health Care Plan Administration Authority (referred to as the PSHCP Administration Authority) is the corporation charged with the administration of the Public Service Health Care Plan (PSHCP). The PSHCP is a private health care benefit program sponsored by the Government of Canada, for public servants and other members of the federal public administration, parliamentarians, federal judges, pensioners, and dependants, as well as members of the Canadian Forces and the RCMP, who may cover their dependants. In addition, coverage is provided to those receiving a pension based on service in one of these categories. It also covers employees of a number of government agencies as well as their eligible dependants and, in some cases, pensioners of these agencies. The PSHCP currently offers coverage to over 1.5 million participants.
The PSHCP Administration Authority ensures that benefits and services to plan members and their covered dependants are delivered in a manner that ensures the effective and efficient administration of the Plan. The PSCHP Administration Authority’s mandate includes monitoring the performance and compliance of the Plan Administrator (Sun Life Financial), considering appeals from plan members and communicating with the membership.
a) Reporting analytics
- Leverages, analyses and interprets detailed and comprehensive PSHCP data from the service provider on daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly basis in order to provide period-over-period analysis and comparison of data extracts and trends;
- Verifies costing analysis of the health care benefit plan based on usage and comparative factors;
- Designs templates to standardize summary reporting requirements and recommends various data elements to run ad-hoc reports and generate custom reports using a Business Intelligence (BI) tool;
- Compiles and transforms data and analyses into presentations/briefings (including high quality graphs and charts) for AA senior management, the Board of Directors and external stakeholders as required.
b) Health economics analytics
- Researches, reviews and evaluates, for PSHCP relevance, health economics literature to identify suitable tools, models, analytical approaches, research methodologies and qualitative/quantitative statistical concepts for use in AA analytics, studies and reports;
- Compiles and analyses demographic, social, economic and research data and development trends related to the health care and private health care plan fields (e.g. drug and new medical device development) for application in health economics and predictive modelling;
- Uses/applies a range of relevant health economic models and predictive economic models to analyse, explain and forecast trends, patterns and behaviors in the health care fields (e.g. in areas of health cost drivers, health care utilization and health plan coverage);
- Builds and maintains data and records pertaining to health economics analyses undertaken for the AA;
- Develops and maintains in-house expertise on the use and application of economic and predictive modelling in health care relevant to the PSHCP.
- Post-secondary graduation in economics, statistics, mathematics, computer science, data science or a related field.
- Post graduate studies in a related field would be an asset.
- Experience working with data and quantitative analysis and summary reporting.
- Experience in applying data analytic models and frameworks, preferably in the health care field.
- Experience in statistical analysis, interpretation, methods, tools and the use of predictive modeling.
- Experience building queries using a BI tool.
- Knowledge of the concepts, methods and techniques used in the collection, processing, compilation and presentation of statistical data.
- Knowledge of specialized data analysis and forecasting.
- Knowledge of current and emerging economic and social issues related to the health care field.
- Knowledge of employee benefit programs would be an asset.
- Proficiency in both Canadian official languages is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to turn data into meaningful and understandable reports for non-technical audiences.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in oral and written formats.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to work independently and to prioritize and manage multiple projects to meet deadlines.
- Client Service
- Analytical/creative thinking
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Research (technical competency)
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.