How to Submit a Paper Claim
To be reimbursed, you must send a completed PSHCP claim form to Sun Life, the Plan Administrator, along with any required supporting documents. Supporting documents may include:
- bills and invoices
- pharmacy receipts
- itemized statements from a physician or other medical practitioner
- medical questionnaires, supplied by Sun Life on an as-needed basis (e.g. for nursing services, physiotherapy, and certain durable equipment)
The amount reimbursed is subject to the provisions of the Plan and co-payment, as applicable.
Claims must be received by Sun Life no later than December 31 of the year following the calendar year in which the expenses were incurred. For example, if you incurred expenses in July 2012, you have until December 31, 2013 to submit your claim. The Plan Administrator has no obligation to recognize claims received beyond December 31 of the year following the year in which the expenses were incurred.
How to submit a paper claim:
1) Complete the appropriate PSHCP Claim Form:
- If you have Supplementary Coverage, complete the PSHCP Claim Form. For expenses incurred outside of Canada, indicate the currency of your expenses. Your reimbursement will be converted to Canadian dollars.
- If you have Comprehensive Coverage, complete the PSHCP Out-of-Country Claim Form. Your reimbursement will be made in the currency of the country where you reside.
2) Attach supporting documentation (original receipts, bills, invoices, physician or practitioner statements, and/or questionnaires, etc.).
Please keep copies of your receipts, your completed claim form, and any other documentation provided. Originals will not be returned.
3) If you have Supplementary Coverage, send the claim by mail to the following address:
Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada
PO Box 6192 Stn CV
Montreal, QC H3C 4R2
Members in the National Capital Region can also leave their claims in a drop box located in the lobby of the Sun Life claims office, located at 333 Preston Street (south of the Queensway) in Ottawa. The reception area located on the 3rd floor is open from 8:00 am to 4:00 p.m., Monday to Friday, should you wish to discuss an issue with a customer service representative.
If you have Comprehensive Coverage, send your claim to Allianz Global Assistance:
Allianz Global Assistance
Public Service Health Care Plan
PO Box 880
Waterloo, ON N2J 4C3
The Plan Administrator will adjudicate your claim and issue a Claim Statement (explanation of benefits) along with a cheque for your reimbursement, if applicable. If you have registered for paperless services, you will be notified by e-mail that your claim has been adjudicated and that you can view your Claim Statement online. Your reimbursement will be deposited directly into your bank account (available in Canadian dollars only). You can register for paperless services and direct deposit by logging into your Sun Life account at www.sunlife.ca/pshcp.