Finding reliable drug information just got easier
March 17, 2017
Sun Life will soon be introducing its latest website enhancement, Drug Look-Up. Starting April 1, 2017, PSHCP members will be able to use the Drug Look-Up tool to confirm whether they are covered for a specific drug. The new feature will provide members with to up-to-date, doctor-approved information on that drug, the condition it treats, and alternative medications. Drug Look-Up also will allow members to:
- Search a specific drug by name or by drug identification number (DIN);
- Obtain detailed information about a drug, its indications and clinical use;
- Find information about potential generic and/or therapeutic alternatives and cost-saving solutions;
- Confirm whether or not a drug is covered by the PSHCP, its average cost per prescription and the cost of any alternatives suggested;
- View the list of drugs and forms that require special authorization to be covered by the PSHCP;
- Have the opportunity to review claims summaries for recent prescriptions.
The information provided by Drug Look-Up reflects the basic coverage under the PSHCP and should not be considered as a recommendation or treatment plan. However, by using the tool, PSHCP members will be better prepared for informed discussions with their health care professional about prescription medications. Sign in at www.sunlife.ca/pshcp to explore all of the benefits Drug Look-Up has to offer.