The deadline to submit your 2020 expenses under the Public Service Health Care Plan (PSHCP) is December 31, 2021. Claims received after this date will not be accepted.
To process your claims, Sun Life must receive an electronic or paper PSHCP claim 12 months following the calendar year in which the expense was incurred and paid in full. If Sun Life determines that submission was not reasonably possible within the deadline due to exceptional or unavoidable circumstances such as medical or psychological incapacity, claims will be considered valid provided they are submitted within 18 months following the calendar year in which the expense was incurred.
Submitting a Claim Electronically
PSHCP Members residing in Canada can submit their most common health claims electronically through Sun Life’s Plan Member Services website or my Sun Life Mobile application.
When submitting a claim electronically, Plan members can enter up to eight different expenses in one transaction. Claims submitted electronically are adjudicated immediately and, if approved, any reimbursement amount is usually deposited directly into the member’s bank account within 24 to 48 hours. However, if the claim requires additional review or information, the processing time will be longer. Members must keep their receipts for 12 months as information may be requested to substantiate services or products that have been claimed.
Submitting a Claim by Mail
Members with Supplementary coverage should complete the PSHCP Claim Form and mail it to the address below:
Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada PO Box 6192 Stn CV Montreal, QC H3C 4R2
Members with Comprehensive coverage should complete a PSHCP Out-of-Country Claim Form and mail it to the address below:
Allianz Global Assistance Public Service Health Care Plan PO Box 880 Waterloo, ON N2J 4C3
- To ensure your claim is process as quickly as possible, please follow these simple steps:
- Include your claim form: an estimate or an invoice submitted without a completed claim form cannot be processed.
- Sign your claim form: The claim form must be signed by the Plan member. An application form, unsigned or signed by a dependent, will be returned to you.
- Send in original invoices and personalized receipts: photocopies of original documents cannot be processed. Keep copies of these documents for your personal files. Please note that cash receipts are not considered as acceptable proof of payment.
- Avoid stapling documents to your claim form.
For more information on how to submit a claim, click here.