- Planning and organizing the administrative requirements for the office in the areas of supplies and equipment; accommodation and facilities; basic security procedures; records, filing and information management systems; mail and correspondence flow; reception/front office services; translation coordination; and on-boarding and off-boarding of staff.
- Scheduling, organizing and supporting corporate events, retreats and special activities.
- Reviewing and modernizing office procedures, practices and systems and making recommendations for continuous improvement.
Financial and Accounting Management Support
- Preparing and processing invoices, recording transactions, processing expense claims, completing financial and accounting reports and data entry to financial management systems.
- Actioning purchase orders, service contracts and low value procurement actions.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships and rapport with external clients such as vendors and suppliers.
IT Services and Systems Support
- Coordinating technology equipment acquisition and maintenance, software acquisition and updates, and basic troubleshooting services.
- Coordinating and setting up audio/visual and other technical support for various meeting and functions.
- Maintaining proficiency with business software systems.
Administrative Assistant and Coordination Support
- Providing administrative/executive assistant support for the CEO, senior leaders and Board Chairperson as needed in the areas of actioning correspondence, coordinating communications, overseeing scheduling and ensuring smooth office functioning.
- Supporting the overall corporate team effort with on-going administrative support and extra support coverage when needed; and facilitating the flow of information across the organization.
This position reports administratively to the Chief Communications and Development Officer (CCDO) and functionally to the Chief Finance and Compliance Officer (CFCO).
Education and Training
- Post-secondary graduation in a field related to administration or office management.
- Fluency, oral and written, in both English and French is essential.
- At least 3 years of recent experience in an administrative/office management role in a small to medium sized business or public sector organization.
- Sound experience in basic office financial management/bookkeeping practices.
- Sound experience in using Microsoft Office Suite software or equivalent; in using electronic document records management systems, such as SharePoint; and in using a business/accounting software program such as Sage50.
- Experience in providing administrative/executive assistant functions to executive level officers.
- Experience working with a Board of Directors is an asset.
- Superior knowledge of office management practices and procedures.
- Superior knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of the health care insurance industry and private health care plans is an asset.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with external clients and stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and to multi-task.
- Ability to work autonomously and be a self-starter.
Personal Suitability Factors
- A high level of integrity, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal relations, client service orientation, teamwork approach, attention to detail.
- Initiative, dependability, judgement and adaptability.
Administration Authority Core Competencies
- Client Service
- Effective Communications
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Relationship/network building
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.