Starting salary: $56,954 per year
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week
Location: Ottawa (Downtown), ON, CA
Remote work: Hybrid Model
WHO WE ARE
The Public Service Health Care Plan (PSHCP) is a private health care benefit program sponsored by the Government of Canada, offered to public servants and other members of the federal public administration, parliamentarians, federal judges, pensioners, members of the Canadian Forces and the RCMP, and their eligible dependants. The PSHCP currently offers coverage to over 1,5 million participants.
The PSHCP Administration Authority is a corporation without share capital whose mandate is to oversee the administration of the Plan. The Administration Authority ensures that the Plan Administrator delivers benefits efficiently and effectively to PSHCP members in accordance with the Plan provisions. We have several operational and reporting responsibilities, such as:
- Ensuring that service standards outlined in the contract are met;
- Conducting audits and evaluations regarding the payment of PSHCP benefits;
- Processing appeals submitted by Plan members;
- Communicating with Plan members about their benefits;
- Providing accurate, comprehensive, and up-to-date information on Plan performance;
- Providing direction to the Administrator on the interpretation of Plan provisions; and
- Reporting incidents of fraud.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As the Corporate Services Officer, you will provide administrative, financial and IT support to all areas of the organization and oversee the daily operations of the office. More specifically, you will:
- Plan and organize the administrative requirements for the office in the areas of supplies and equipment; accommodation and facilities; mail and correspondence flow; reception/front office services;
- Schedule, organize and support corporate events, retreats and special activities;
- Review and modernize office procedures, practices and systems and offer recommendations for continuous improvement;
- Prepare and process invoices, record transactions, process expense claims, support in the completion/preparation of financial and accounting reports and data entry to financial management systems;
- Action purchase orders, service contracts and low-value procurement actions;
- Establish and maintain relationships and rapport with external clients such as vendors and suppliers;
- Coordinate technology equipment acquisition and maintenance, software acquisition and updates, and basic troubleshooting services;
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the organization’s IT vendor;
- Coordinate and set-up audio/visual and other technical support for various meetings and functions;
- Maintain proficiency with business software systems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Fluent bilingualism (French and English)
- Post-secondary education in a field related to administration or office management.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a related field. A suitable combination of education and experience will be considered.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Sound experience in basic office financial management/bookkeeping practices.
- Proven experience in using Microsoft Office Suite software, electronic document records management systems (SharePoint), and business/accounting software program (such as Sage50).
- Superior knowledge of office management practices and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate professionally and effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be organized and thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
- Must hold a high level of integrity and discretion when handling confidential information.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, as part of a team and individually.
- Knowledge of the health insurance industry and the PSHCP is an asset.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Compensation: The PSHCP Administration Authority offers a competitive salary, and employees may be eligible for in-range increases and economic adjustments. Employees receive additional compensation in lieu of a pension benefit.
- Vacation and leave: Employees start with 3 weeks of paid vacation, 15 illness days, and 5 days of Family-Related Leave with pay. Employees may also benefit from other paid and unpaid leave of absence.
- Learning and Development: The PSHCP Administration Authority prioritizes career growth and professional development. You will have the full support of your leaders and colleagues to further your career through continuing education and professional development opportunities.
Benefits: The PSHCP Administration Authority offers a comprehensive health and dental benefits package, as well as long-term disability, and life insurance.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Government of Canada Reliability Status security clearance (will be facilitated upon employment);
- The applicant must reside in Canada and within a reasonable commuting distance from the workplace;
- Vaccination requirements may apply in response to changing public health advice and/or government direction.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants are encouraged to provide a detailed cover letter, along with their résumé, explaining how they meet the requirement of this position.
A written test in both official languages will be administered as part of the recruiting process.
The Federal PSHCP Administration Authority is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, upon request, accommodation will be provided by the Administration Authority throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.
We thank all individuals who apply; however, only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.